I was tagged by Christi over at Blah Blah Blog to share six things about myself, because I am oh so fascinating!
But of course, there are rules...
1. Link the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. When I talk, I gesture. A LOT. I'm often conscious of the fact that I'm using my hands way too much, but I can't help myself! I try to keep it in check while I'm teaching, lest I give my darling 8th graders one more way to make fun of me.
2. I really love to play video games, but unfortunately, none of my close friends do. And super unfortunately, my husband is an atypical male in that he hates video games. To the point where he shudders if he hears a song that's featured in Guitar Hero, because he so hates watching me play Guitar Hero.
3. I am a speed reader. My husband used to accuse me of skimming, until I made him give me a quiz on the pages I'd just read, and I passed with flying colors. If given ample time, I can finish a several hundred page book in one day.
4. Sometimes I'm like a little kid, because I get so excited when the mail comes. Even though I'm rarely expecting anything other than bills, I still love to run out and check the mailbox. I also get excited about checking my mailbox at work, even though there is definitely never anything good in there!
5. Although I make jokes about how I must be insane to teach 8th grade, I really do love them (except for when they write notes about how I am fat, or how I am meaner than Satan himself). I love that age because they have one foot in adulthood and one foot in childhood. They are ready to grow up and move on, but they also aren't beyond making a card for you with crayons and construction paper if they think you're having a bad day.
6. I hate excercise. I so hate it. I want to be one of those people who is like, WOO I LOVE WORKING OUT, IT MAKES ME FEEL SO GOOD, but if I'm to be honest, I feel much better sitting on the couch, eating a cupcake.
1. Mel @ A Box of Chocolates
2. Jenni @ Jiggety Jigg
3. Guinevere @ Raindrops and Whiskers
4. Candi @ It's My Life
5. Cassie @ Southern Domestic Goddess
6. Chris @ That's one small step for man...one giant...I have a dream!